Assess the Core Idea
• Is it valuable and viable?
• What are its unique strengths?
• What are major obstacles?
• Is premise viable in marketplace? What sets it apart/stands in the way?
• Who is the competition? Can they be beaten?
• Is there a brand? How strong?
• Are appropriate strategic alliances in place?
• Are effective sales channels utilized? Is compensation motivating?
Evaluate Key Personnel
• Can management team get company where it wants to go?
• Deal with the “Founder Challenge”
• Are right people in right roles in right organizational structure?
• Who is missing? Who is impeding progress?
Review Financial Structure
• Is capitalization and structure appropriate?
• Are appropriate personnel and/or systems and controls in place?
• Is compensation structure – equity and cash – effective and appropriate?